Sunday 27 April 2014

More updates (27/04/14)....

I know, more updates! Blog has been quite boring of late it's turned into more a personal record for myself. Things are very busy at the moment with work and a new puppy so birding has taken a backfoot and it's only really what I see when I am out working.

Loads of Sand Martins now back at the Achnashellach colony. Quite a strange experience to drive through them as they are flying so close to the road, I'm surprised there aren't some dead on the road.

Weather here has felt like Summer for the last week and Spring has really taken off, with the migrants flooding in according to the Skye Birds website (great resource - check it out www.skye-birds.com/reports).

Hearing the Cuckoo daily and finally caught a glimpse of it as it sat on top of a tree across the road. Hearing them all over the place through work also.

Although they have been back a week or so I saw my first Wheatear of the year just a couple days ago East of Lochcarron.

Tree Pipits are also back as I spotted one in display flight at Achnashellach.

Lochcarron and the surrounding area now full of Swallows too.

Pair of Osprey's also spotted back on the nesting platform near to the Grudie powerstation to the West of Garve.

Driving through Contin and then Conon Bridge I saw a Red Kite in both locations which is quite surprising considering recent events.


Year List Additions:
68. Wheatear
69. Osprey
70. Tree Pipit
71. Skylark

No comments:

Post a Comment