Monday 15 April 2013

Arrival in Krakow, Poland.

Arrived in Krakow yesterday (14/04). On the way to Edinburgh airport from Alnwick I saw my first ever Barn Owl caught in the car headlights hovering at the edge of the road.

The weather is Krakow is a welcome change, sunny and warm. On the Sunday after arriving we took a walk around the city centre and Planty Park (a narrow strip of broadleaved parkland that surrounds the entire old town portion of the city. Mostly common woodland birds but did also see plenty of Fieldfare, loads of Jackdaws of the Eastern Race and saw my first Chiffchaff of the year from my bedroom window.

Just a quick update has I have obtained internet access. The course here is very intense and will only really get a chance to do some exploring at the weekend, but I will probably post after I get back due to time contraints.

Year List Additions:
103. Barn Owl (Lifer)

No comments:

Post a Comment