Sunday 11 March 2012

Quiet...

Just a quiet one this weekend. I managed to see my second Iceland Gull ever and it was a stunning adult as I was driving towards the A9 through the Black Isle just past Alcaig and there it was on it's own in the corner of a field not 10 metres away. I was able to pull over without disturbing it, the light was perfect and I didn't have my bloody camera on me, quite gutted to be honest. I did go back later in the day to see if I could re-locate it but no such luck.

Today (11th), a short walk around Merkinch Local Nature Reserve in Inverness produced my first Moorhens of the year plus plenty of gulls and other common species. The Black-headed gulls starting to look pretty smart now with their chocolate brown hoods.

Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment