Monday 16 January 2012

Just a quick one...

Beautiful frosty sunny weather again on Sunday morning so my girlfriend and I decided to take a short walk from Ferry Point heading West along the Firth, wasn't supposed to be a birdwatching walk but I took my bins just incase. At the far end of the walk a flock of c50 Yellowhammer and Reed Buntings was nice to see as was a juvenile Cormorant on the edge of the shore. Heading back to the point I spotted some Teal my first of the year and then 2 Tree Sparrows in the field next to the crossroads also my first of the year and a bird I always enjoy seeing. A lone Redwing (maybe the same one from Saturday was also in the field)

Today (Monday) in the garden were good numbers of Chaffinch, Greenfinch, 8 Siskin and 6 Goldfinch amongst other regulars. Just after lunchtime though a single Long-Tailed Tit another year first landed on the feeders a few times over the course of the afternoon.

Just a short one today as I am busy with coursework (and yes I am actually doing it this time!)

Long-tailed Tit this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment